how to make whipped feta with pan roasted mushrooms
From Garden to Table
Seasonal November Recipe: Featuring mushrooms
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 1 block feta
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Kosher salt + pepper
- Crostini or crackers to serve
- In a food processor, blend 1 block of feta, 2 tbsp. olive oil, the juice and zest of half a lemon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare your mushrooms by wiping any dirt off with a damp cloth or paper towel. Trim any dry bits off the stems. Then roughly chop the rest up.
- Mince 1 to 2 garlic cloves.
- In a saute pan, add 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Cook the garlic for approx. 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to med-high and add the mushrooms, a pinch of chili flakes, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast the mushrooms until lightly browned for approx. 10 mins. Transfer into a plate to cool slightly.
- Plate the dish in a shallow bowl and spread the whipped feta into the dish. Spoon the mushrooms onto the feta. Garnish with some freshly grated lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes and fresh thyme. Serve with crunchy crostinis.