harry's tea time
From Garden to Table
Seasonal November Recipe: A Warm Drink on a Cold Day
By Chef: Scott Vivian | @scottvivian
" …This warm elixir is named after my Grandfather. I have fond memories of his ‘tea time’ ritual. It wasn’t until I was old enough to notice that along with his 3pm crossword his drink of choice (not tea) was a pour of scotch neat (specifically JW Red). Enjoy this warm midday or anytime really. "
Chef Scott Vivian
1.5 ounces Johnny Walker Red Label Scotch
1 tea bag earl grey
2 tsp condensed milk
- Steep tea bag in hot water for 3-5 minutes (follow instructions on box).
- Pour condensed milk into your favourite tea cup or mug.
- When tea is ready pour over condensed milk.
- Top off with scotch and stir until well incorporated.
- Enjoy with a biscuit (cookie) and your daily crossword.
For a non-alcoholic option you can omit the scotch and switch up the tea for something with a smoky flavour profile.
There are no comments yet. Be the first one to post one!