baked camembert with pear compote
From Garden to Table
Seasonal October Recipe: Featuring Pear
By Chef: Nathan Middleton | @natetasty
"The October harvested pear is a serious contender when it comes to compotes. When was the last time you cooked with pears? Get out there and cook with pears. Warm Camembert makes happy."
Chef Nathan Middleton
Zest of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1 Lemon
Honey 2.5 tbsp
Nutmeg x 1 pinch
Cinnamon x 1 pinch
Cardamon x 3 pods
Apple Cider Vinegar x 1.5 tsp
Salt x 1 pinch
Small wheel of Camembert cheese in a wooden container
Marjoram (for garnish)
- Place all the ingredients in a small pot. Stir, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the Camembert and place back in the bottom of the wooden container.
- Score the top of the cheese and place in the oven at 350F for 14min.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and place on a plate.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of the pear compote on top of the cheese.
- Garnish with marjoram.